Friday 5 March 2010

It must be a conspiracy

I have been intermittently trying to do various blog and site related things but my brain has been totally jiggered by the rapid advance of the book do and the fact that my car and printers are dead. At least I think one of the latter has now recovered having finally decided to tell me what was wrong.
The car is in the garage still in bits and the insurance engineer has been to look at it and then gone off to do sums and talk to colleagues. Meanwhile I am a mile and a half from any shops, doctor etc and dependent on lifts.
My new books have arrived and are lovely -- mainly due to Griff taking over the formattinmg. Of the books I make in house two were down to one copy of each. So I have been trying against the odds to get some more done. After all a publisher at a book fair showing one copy per title wouldn't warrant even a passing glance.
As soon as I got down to it the laser printer refused to work or to show what was wrong [it used to very specific even if a liar at times] so I went over to the epson and printed quite a lot of pages till that decided, also not showing the usual 'need so-and-so' popup, to print only stripes. I got in touch with a national firm of printer repairers who came out pretty fast and serviced both and left me happy with two working printers. The next day I printed the rest of my 16 copies and started bookbinding. Next morning the laser refused to print. Rang the printer people who have relisted me for a visit and turned on epson. Printed stripes but I knew black was low, replaced it and got a couple of nice copies. Then asked for a page of photos and was rewarded by photos covered in pools of black ink. So rang abd reported that. So no printers. Did all sewing and gluing and now have 8 copies of Sheepdoggerel Antholgy and 8 of Thereby Hangs a Tail, the latter minus covers.
So I decided to get back to trying to understand the blog situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment